Tuesday, March 25, 2014

The Acropolis in Lithuania.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014
I haven't been to Greece yet, but last weekend I had a chance to get close to it. Unexpectedly, while touring my own country (Lithuania), my travel companion and I came across the ruins of a former manor in a place called Onuškis, not far from the border of Latvia. The manor used to be belong to the Komar family, who had their family roots in present-day Ukraine, but debts and World War I left the place destitute. Alas, there are many of derelict former manors in Lithuania, the main reason for being so is the eternal problem of money.

















Today this place belongs to the state but it's future remains unclear. The best approach would be to find a new owner who would conserve the ruins and turn them into a tourist attraction, but developing tourism in smaller towns isn't easy. I just hope for the best.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
◄Design by Pocket