Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Cheburashka? Cheburashka!

Tuesday, February 5, 2013
While I was browsing through my photo folders, I found this one and I want to share with you.

Ele and Cheburashka
It was taken during a book fair in Vilnius last year. In case you were wondering, I'm the one in the red sweater (yes, I know, some of you might be surprised). The creature next to me is Cheburashka the Topple. It's a Russian/Soviet cult animation character. According to the story, he-or, rather, it- was living in a tropical forest. One day it accidentally got into the crate of oranges and was delivered to a big Russian city, where his adventures unfolded. It becomes friends with Gena the Crocodile, which works in the zoo as a, surprise surprise, crocodile.

Being only an invention of one's mind, Cheburashka has made quite a carrier as it has been featured as a mascot for the Olympic Games four times so far. 

Have you ever met a cartoon character live? 


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
◄Design by Pocket