Friday, January 25, 2013

Apple blossoms, Lithuania

Friday, January 25, 2013
There are some former orchards where today a busy street lies. The former homesteads have been long gone, but the trees still bear fruit every year in the middle of the city. This is our reply to the famous Japanese sakura, if you like. I was going to go on a photo tour of sakuras in Vilnius but I was rightfully reprimanded and shamed by one person, it happened half a year ago but I still remember. I love sakuras and all, but why ignore what local beauty we have ourselves? This happens when one tours a lot abroad but not enough locally. So, this goes for my first post on my new blog: Lithuania has smashing apple trees.

apple
Apple blossoms, Lithuania. Click on the image for the larger view.

I am so looking forward to the spring!

What flora wonders do you have in your country?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
◄Design by Pocket